HAMPTON, Va. (January 11, 2022) – Hampton University Chancellor and Provost, Dr. JoAnn W. Haysbert, greeted the Hampton University faculty at the 2022 Winter Educational Staff Institute on January 4. The theme for this year’s institute was “A Collaborative Community Reunited in Strength, Part II.”
“The Faculty Institute is an annual educational training for existing faculty. It is also the perfect opportunity to welcome our new faculty to our ‘Home by the Sea,’” said Hampton University President, Dr. William R. Harvey.
At the Institute, several faculty members received the Academic Excellence Faculty Award. Honorees were recognized for their efforts by Haysbert and their respective deans.
Each dean developed a set of criteria for the selection from their respective academic unit. The selected professors demonstrate innovation in teaching, the ability to motivate students, maintenance of high academic requirements and standards and the ability to keep pace with current theories and practices in his/her disciplines.
The 2022 Outstanding Faculty Award recipients are:
- Dr. Vahwere Kavota, James T. George School of Business
- Mr. John Murray, School of Engineering and Technology
- Dr. Richard Mason II, School of Liberal Arts and Education
- Mrs. Thomasena Wicker, School of Nursing
- Dr. Simone Heyliger, School of Pharmacy
- Dr.Dorian Lee Wilkerson, School of Science