HAMPTON, Va. (June 16, 2020) - Timia Whitsey, a 2019 graduate of the Hampton University Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications, has landed a creative development internship with ViacomCBS, where her department is responsible for creating new content for MTV and VH1.
Whitsey already was familiar with the New York City home of ViacomCBS.
“I toured this building for the first time in 2018,” she said via email. “I met many Hampton alumni who worked for the company during the tour, so it's truly full circle to now be a part of the family as well.
“This role aligns perfectly with my dream of becoming a content creator. I hope to have a hand in a new era of television at MTV and VH1.”
Whitsey, who majored in journalism at Scripps, added that her responsibilities include:
- Researching and writing about pop culture trends
- Watching potential projects and giving feedback
- Researching new and ongoing development projects
- Assisting development and current executives as needed
- Notetaking on creative conference calls
- Supporting the senior team with creative presentations
- Creating original concept pitch decks to present to the team
Whitsey’s next goals are to complete her master's program at Columbia University and secure a full-time position at ViacomCBS.