Hampton, Va. – Hampton University’s Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications will host a political town hall meeting, “Broken Party Politics: Can Democracy Be Repaired This Campaign Season?” on Thursday, Oct. 31 from 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. in the Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications Building.
Please invite your family and friends. The meeting is free and open to the public.
WTKR NewsChannel 3's Barbara Ciara will serve as a moderator for the panelists, who include:
- Kelly Gill, Hampton University, Center for Public Policy
- Congressman Bobby Scott, U.S. House of Representatives
- Reagan George, Northern Virginia Tea Party
- Dr. Mamie Locke, Virginia State Senate, District 2
- Bill Thomas, Hampton University, Associate VP for Governmental Relations
- Carl Anderson, Chair, Republican Party of Hampton
- Attorney Gary Byler, Chairman, 2nd Congressional District Republican Committee
Hampton Cox TV will broadcast the entire program live on channel 9; WHOV 88.1 FM Radio will broadcast on Sunday, Nov. 2 at 11 a.m.; and Voice of America will broadcast parts of the program throughout the week and into the weekend.