HAMPTON,Va. - Hampton University Chancellor and Provost Dr. JoAnn W. Haysbert greeted the Hampton University faculty at the 2017 Winter Educational Staff Institute on Jan. 3. The theme for this year’s institute is “Managing in the Higher Education Enterprise: A Call to Action for Academic Leaders, Part II.”
At the Institute, several faculty members received the Academic Excellence Faculty Award. The honorees were recognized for their efforts by Haysbert and their respective Deans.
Each dean developed a set of criteria for the selection from his/her respective academic unit. The selected professors demonstrate innovation in teaching, the ability to motivate students, maintenance of high academic requirements and standards and the ability to keep pace with current theories and practices in his/her disciplines.
The recipients of the award are:
- Dr. Nikki Finley, School of Business
- Dr. Morris Morgan III, School of Engineering and Technology
- Dr. Karen Ward, School of Liberal Arts and Education
- Mrs. Norma Bergey, School of Nursing
- Dr. Monzurul Roni, School of Pharmacy
- Dr. Bill Moore, School of Science